Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Kate Effect: Finally, Dresses With Straps



Before I begin, let me first say that I have nothing against strapless gowns. I think they're beautiful and the brides who wear them usually look fantastic on their special day. However, I personally am hoping to find a gown with ornate sleeves or straps of some kind. It seems to me that our generation has developed a uniform for weddings and it goes something like this; white, strapless, pouffy. Recently, however, (possibly due to a certain Princess) gowns with sleeves are becoming more popular. Check out these gorgeous gowns that have a little something special up top.



The two above are Reem Acra gowns and just scream royalty inspired. And with the price tag, I think royalty may be the only ones able to afford them! Monique Lhullier made the two gowns below. And of course, they too have a hefty price tag. 



For a more affordable approach to the non-strapless look, check out these dresses by Nicole Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment